Friday, January 11, 2013

Pat Be Nimble

Lots of snow here this week! The forecast for several days was "snow", "below freezing highs" and "freezing fog". And our pitiful dead end street, which has a 45 degree incline (my personal approximation), was not plowed until yesterday afternoon.  So we here housebound quite a bit.  No worries, Patrick kept us entertained.  

Here's a glimpse into one day this week, narration provided by me:  

Patrick:   Take me outside.
Me:   But Patrick, it's so cold out there.  Look at the snow.  Look at that garbage can.  It's frozen solid into the ground.  How did a garbage can get out there?  Is it even ours?  Well, I'm just not going to worry about that.  Besides, it blends in with the snow.  

Me:  Look over there, son.  More snow.  It's sooooo cold.  
Patrick:  So put my hat on.  Come on, get up, change out of your pajamas. It's noon. Let's go out and play.

Me:  Fine.  Let's go.





Me:  Claudia, join us?

Claudia:  Busy.   

Me:   Fine.  Let's go, Paddy!
Patrick:  It's really peaceful out here.  I like it.  Put me on my sled, please.

Me:  You are so cute, little man.   Are you having fun?  


Patrick:  I guess.  I don't know.  You're right, it's a little chilly.
Patrick:  I've had enough, take me inside.  I'm cold.  I want to read my book.

Me:  I told you it was too cold.  Let's go!

Patrick:  I'm so over this book.

Me:  Patrick, it's upside down and backwards.

Patrick:  So, it is.   Take me to my walker.  I want to walk.

Me:  Of course.  Let's go!

Patrick:  Well stop laughing at me and turn this thing around!

Me:  Of course, of course.  Sorry.  Let me help you, baby.


And away he goes!  Patrick takes his FIRST STEPS, with the assistance of his walker.  I don't think I could possibly have any more furniture or junk blocking his path, but somehow he managed to toddle his way around the dining table to the living room.   Proud moment for my sweet boy!   

With respect to this video, please disregard the following:  my hand correcting his course every few moments, boxes strewn about room, vacuum cleaner blocking path (with vacuum powered baby booger sucking device attached) clothes slung over chairs and Christmas tree in background of living room.  The Christmas tree is now down! 

Go Paddy, GO!!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that the best walker? It got both of mine walking. Loved your narration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of Paddy on the sled! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie pie! The picture of him on the sled definitely deserves to be framed!

    Thanks for swinging by my blog. I'm so glad you did. I love reading about the experiences of other expats!

    Cheers,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm excited to follow yours as well!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post Meryl! I had the same ¨conversation¨with Selma today. In my head.. Selma is not really crazy about snow (strange since she's a swede, right!?) so today it was more about me trying to silence that inner voice telling me we OUGHT to go out and catch some fresh air. I won though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...