Just to wrap up Christmas, officially, we put hammer to house, boxed up decorations and went through all the photos.
Destruction proved to be as much fun as construction. It would have been a lot simpler and cleaner to just throw it away, but this was just more fun. It was a lot of fun! New tradition!
- visiting with my sweet, sweet Memaw.
- visiting our old college campus, Louisiana Tech... go Dawgs! Wylie Tower, check. Book store, check. Phi Mu house, check.
- celebrating Aunt T's birthday. Aunt T even gave her birthday wish to Claudia. That's pretty much the pinnacle of selflessness.
- visiting Grandma Irene in the hospital. Normally hospital visits are anything but memorable, but watching Patrick hold his great grandmother's hand for the first time was tear inducing.
- driving past the cotton fields of Mer Rouge, Louisiana. I learned Mer Rouge has just finished its last season of growing cotton, its legacy crop. Corn killed cotton apparently.
- visiting Dr. Mackey. One of my dearest childhood friends is a real, live pediatrician now. Sweet Patrick, coming off the overseas flight, was having ear pains. Thank goodness for Dr. Mackey, our savior!
- eating at Johnny's pizza... Patrick's first time. Loved it!