Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Celebrating Mother's Day with my Mother
... and my wonderful wonderful Memaw
... and Aunt Debbie (while Claudia continues to nibble on coasters)
Claudia spent Mother's Day telling me how much she loves me...
and eating the feathers off Chirpy Chick.
Aunt Staci & Aunt Mandi also love Chirpy Chick.
It is a good one!
Russell, Chris, Staci & Claudia hanging out at the cookout
Daddy taking C-bop to the cookout in her wagon.
CC in her new big girl seat. It's huge! Luckily, we can still do it rear facing.
Russell getting me and Memaw some cupcake from the roaming cupcake airstream.
Apparently you have to Twitter to find out its exact location.
We just happen to find it every now and then by chance.
Claudia giving Memaw her Mother's Day presents
Claudia and Gram sharing a laugh with Grandpa.
Claudia and her new lamb chop doll from Gram & Grandpa.

This weekend I celebrated my second Mother's Day with my favorite moms... my Mom, my Memaw and my Aunt Debbie. Memaw came to Houston on Friday and we kicked off the weekend by going to El Tiempo ... where a baby can be fussy & no one will mind because its so noisy & fun. Luckily, Claudia had a great time people watching and eating chicken enchiladas.
On Saturday we went on some wagon rides (Claudia's favorite activity), caught the end of the annual Houston Art Car parade downtown & caught What's Up Cupcake! at the corner of 14th & Shepherd. I love those cupcakes because I never know when I will get one... the airstream trailor from which they are sold is constantly hopping around the Heights ... so when I spotted it on Saturday, I screamed "PULL OVER!" Daddy was very obliging, in honor of Mother's Day, so Memaw & I got some delish cupcakes.
On Sunday we rolled over to Aunt Debbie & Uncle Matthew's for a Mother's Day cookout. We had a great time eating all the great food... Claudia ate about a 1/4 of a cheeseburger... mac&cheese & potato salad ... and then I caught Aunt Debbie, Memaw & Mom all giving her strawberry shortcake & red velvet bread pudding. Needless to say, she went to bed with a full belly. It was an excellent second mother's day and I am so thankful to have spent it with my favorite moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...