Tuesday, June 11, 2013

High Waters

Thankfully the waters of the Danube have finally started to recede.  I think you can hear a collective sigh of relief throughout the city.  Other parts of Hungary and many surrounding countries were not so lucky, though.  We walked along the river on Saturday to survey the river.




You can make out where the road should be from the signs that normally flank both sides.

The trams along the river shut down because some of the tracks went underwater.   It was still strange to see people strolling on the abandoned tracks.

Thankfully, the water stayed put and is now receding.  It was close to reaching Chain Bridge.  Too close.
This one also did a bit of bug catching / hunting (mostly just hunting) last weekend.
This is humidity hair right here.
Curls and smiles for days.
As for Paddy and his curls.  I can't bring myself to cut it, so maybe at the end of the summer.  Maybe.  Hope everyone's week is off to a running start!  I thought I posted this yesterday, so not much of a running start here.  =)

10 comments:

  1. I finally gave in and really cut Emerson's hair. It made me so sad, but he looks like such a big boy now. It is already time to cut it again. This boy haircut thing is so different than the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is scary! I cannot believe how close the water got to the bridge, thank goodness it has settled! Claudia is seriously cute with her humidity hair, I love it. I can understand why you don't know what to do about Patrick's hair, it's such a hard decision! But there is no rush and you'll know when the time is right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the cutest family. I'm glad the water is beginning to recede. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Miss Claudia is GROWING up on these pics. Awww. Sweet girl.

    I couldn't cut those cute curls either. Cutie boy!

    Can't wait to see you THURSDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though such high water level look so scary, these are lovely pictures. Your kids are so adorable, love those curls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you all are ok. The weather is crazy everywhere right now! I say.... enjoy the curls while you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, abandoned tracks would feel so strange. cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy flooding, huh? that's a lot of rain you guys got- and it really is weird watching people walk around on tracks. it's kind of end-of-world-ly. And aww, Paddy's curls! I wouldn't be able to cut cuteness like that either :)

    And thank you for your comments on my Nepal pictures- I'm glad you enjoyed them :) I miss that place already!

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I didn't realise there had been flooding! Eeek. Glad you are all ok! It's always a novelty for kids checking out the aftermath - the small town I grew up in used to flood every 5 years or so and I still remember the excitement of checking out the receding waters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh please don't cut those curls! i cried for days after my babe's first haircut. the photo of Claudia and the magnifying glass is killing me right now. and Patricks lips! good grief they're adorable!

    so happy to hear you are all safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...