Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Budapest, at its Best, with Guests

Here is the last of our pics with the McGraws when they came to visit us last month. As an expat, nothing gives you greater joy than when friends cross the ocean to pay you a visit. I'm slowly recovering from their departure. These pics definitely cheered me up!
We squeezed in a trip to the Budapest wine festival the first night the McGraws arrived.  It was the last night of the festival and also Tanner's birthday.  This was also my first glass of wine since before Patrick was born (aprpoximately 16 months), so I probably should have stopped at one.  But I didn't.  I should have.  But I didn't. 


One night we headed out to Cafe Kor.  This is my favorite Budapest etterem and its right by the Basilica. Exceptional service, kind locals, different dishes every night and a perfect strolling location for after coffee and dessert.  If you ever have guests coming to Budapest or you are visiting Budapest, head to Cafe Kor and bring your cash or American Express.  Because they don't take Visa.  Which is strange and runs afoul of that tried and true Visa commercial narrated by Morgan Freeman. 
All too soon it was time to say goodbye.  We miss our friends dearly but we are so grateful that they came to visit.  We're so happy to introduce our second home to friends... so get your bags packed and come see!

2 comments:

  1. Love to discover your blog! Look forward to following along and comparing "expat" stories! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...