Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Is it Too Late...

... to share pictures from one of my favorite summer days? I just came across these and wanted to share. Margaret Island (Margit Hid) is my little happy place here in Budapest. It's beautiful and you can't help but be happy when you are there. It is equally beautiful in the fall, so I suspect a drive over to the island is in order real soon.
First, its a great place to hug and be hugged.

The koi ponds are covered with beautiful lily pads and you can also watch the turtle families enjoying an afternoon swim.

And don't forget about the ducks.  There's little duck feeders for the kids around the ponds too.

Patrick has been to Margaret Island many times, but this was the first time he actually was awake for the trip. 

In the summer there's about twenty sprinkler heads shooting out spray fountains across a big open lawn.  These will suffice when you don't have the energy or the assistance to take your children to the swimming pools on the island. 

There's giant walking tracks lined with the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen.

There's nothing too noteworthy about this picture except to say he survived this overwhelming show of affection from his sister.  Aaaand, they really liked wearing their matching outfits. 

Sweet Paddy Pie

Claudia's favorite attraction of the island is the petting zoo:  ponies, peacocks, ornamental hens!

You know, when I ask her to come take a picture with me, it typically looks like this...
... but I sure am glad to get ones like this.  =)   I'm glad summer is over (mostly because we don't have proper air conditioning), but I do miss fun summer days like this.  Ok, now back to fall!

4 comments:

  1. This place looks amazing! You are so adorable with your littles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kinds of summer days are the best! I'm already missing my girls in gingham and bare skin. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love their matching outfits! I have bought several matches for my kiddos and never put them in them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that cute little checkered family, ;)...where was Rusty in his checkered shirt? Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...