Thursday, September 27, 2012

First Word, Sibling Synchronicity, Winston Expends Another Life

We've got all sorts of fun things happening around the house.
 
First I'll share Winston's latest escapade.  Week before last, he escaped, stayed out all night and then showed up in the morning with a giant gash in his tummy.   If I had to guess, I'd say it was his pancreas that was sticking out of the gash.  But you know, that cat is so tough.  Recall the incident four years ago when he immersed himself in tar at a construction site by our house in Houston.   Anyhow, his Hungarian vet here stuffed the pancreas looking thing back in, mended the wound and gave him this cone collar to wear around the house.  Now he is as good as new.   Thank goodness cats have nine lives. 
Winston. Down to seven (?) lives.



I've also taught the children some fun party tricks.  Observe!


Today Patrick woke up bright and early at 5 a.m.  A man with a purpose, he woke up saying "mama! mama!"   Here he is, in his "Circle of Neglect," i.e., the Exersaucer, showing off his new verbal skills.  This took us by surprise, as he hardly ever talks.  Not even much of the ooooh and aaaah.  This was an exciting morning around here!


We've been so lucky to have our best buddies from Texas come and visit this past week too!  We've been showing them all around Budapest and we even took a kids-free weekend trip together.   I'm preparing myself for emotional collapse when my Jessie leaves me next week.
 

Hope everyone is having a great first week of fall!!

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I'm so jealous Paddy is saying Mama!! Caroline hasn't even tried yet. But she hasn't uttered Dada yet either so I guess I can live with it for now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! Olivia wants Emerson to say sister. Every time I tell him to say "mama" she comes behind me and tells him to say "sister." So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love reading your posts! I love your writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the videos!! So cute!! (I love when you have to tell CC to stop rolling over on paddy, ;) )She is too funny!! Looks like we missed each other again today on Skype :(...I didn't get into the car until 8:30 this morning and you were already off I guess! Hope to chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! I love cats, and want another! We have two in Shreveport who have become wild, we're hoping to "rescue" them on our return, we will see! Those kiddos are hilarious. So glad you got a visit from great friends, I can't even imagine how great that felt!!! Love the pic of the three of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...