Wednesday, May 15, 2013

More Ice Cream? Yes, Please!

Spring has finally ushered in a wave of nice hot weather. As the cold weather blows out, with it goes my restraint. I just cannot refuse Claudia's repeated requests for ice cream and ice lollies (I'm sorry, I love this word and can't bring myself to say "popsicle" anymore) and I must let Patrick run amuck in the yard while wielding a water hose.  I can't help myself and neither can they!



They made a paper mache dinosaur on Dino Dan (Clau's new favorite).  So, she wanted to make herself a papier mache lady bug.  I love paper mache, so she didn't have to work too hard to convince me.
This is where we had a breakdown.  It's done, though.  Not really a ladybug, or anything really.  Just a festive candy container waiting to be smashed up.  
Watermelon season is upon as well.  In the past two weeks, she has been averaging one large watermelon every two days.  This is not an exaggeration.  
She eats every slice down to the rind and does not shy from eating the seeds.
I'm not sure how this has happened, but I am a little short on pictures for this guy.  I will make up for that with extra Paddy pictures next week! 
First ice lolly ever!   Made it from sour cherry juice.  He loved it!
He didn't want to share.  He growled like a little junk yard dog if you even got near it.
This one also had her fair share of treats.
For Patrick's two, Claudia had 4.
All was well until she got her first brain freeze.  Ouch!
There was a short cold snap on the weekend, so we decided to go explore the Aquincum.  It's the remains of the old Roman city from the Pannonian region, situated in modern day Budapest, on the way out to Szentendre.  It's in great shape and was a lot of fun.

You could crawl, climb and navigate yourself all throughout the city.  They have it well marked to show you what was where.

It was a bit of a hazard for Patrick, though... way too many jagged surfaces to fall on.  The playground there (which was great) was much more his speed.
She helped me make crepes, with chocolate chips.  She said she wasn't eating the chocolate chips, but her hand in the bag and the chocolate smeared on her forehead (how??) tell a different story.

The best thing about her coming down from her sugar highs (be they from ice cream, ice lollies or chocolate crepes)... she will just go curl up in her chair in the living room and "read" her books.   I like that!  

9 comments:

  1. This post gave me such joy seeing those precious children! Your picture taking skills are quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys are really enjoying the warmer weather!! Love the chocolate on her forehead and her telling you she wasn't eating them, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, such lovely photos and such a great post. You take such good photos Meryl! (and it helps to have very cute and photogenic children too!) I don't blame you for letting them have ice lollies and ice cream, they have waited a long time for some warmer weather! I love the places you visit, so educational and interesting, I bet your children love all the little adventures that you take them on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! Watermelon is my favorite, my kids are skeptical of it though. I need to keep working on it with them! I do the same thing, my kids have had popsicles + ice cream sandwiches every day this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute photos! I think I need a popsicle and some ice cream now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are getting some sunshine.... looks like you are making the most of it with fun activities and treats. Hope it heads our way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha oh my gosh, Caludia's brain freeze- too cute. And "ice lollies" definitely trumps "popsicles"- how fun does that word sound? I love the picture of Claudia wielding the hose and that abstract lady bug is so funny, haha!

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVEEEE these pictures - ice cream, ice lollies, and watermelon...perfect for springing into summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!
    Firstly i want to come and visit you guys - you always adventure at such cool looking places.
    Secondly, you can really see the family resemblance between the two if them in these.beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...