Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baby's First Snow

I've spent the past few months wishing for snow. Russell periodically reminded me to be careful what I wish for. In deed, Paddy was born two days before a ton of snow dropped on Budapest.   We made it home from the hospital before the snow hit, only to have to go back for Paddy to get UV treatment for his jaundice.  This was taken on the day we were officially discharged from the hospital.  We were so thankful to bring him home!  

The road to the hospital looked like this... a forty mile drive down icy and snowy backroads.   This road specifically... only in the dark, with the snow coming down.  And we were so worried about our little man.  Luckily, he only needed to stay under for about 18 hours.

It was so cold!!  It's just now starting to warm up (getting above freezing during the day... brrr)

Here's some views around the house.

Our patio furniture is frozen solid.

My little polar bear

He's just perfect for snuggling with in this freezing weather.

Claudia and Daddy enjoyed playing in the snow this weekend.

I got in on it too.  I crashed my little sled into a tree.  I thought CC was coming to help me.  Nope.  She plucked my glasses off my face, put them on and ran off.

Go CC, go!!

Now that we're home from the hospital, I can be happy about the snow... except when I have to take sweet Paddy out in it...

... because he prefers cuddling inside.  More pictures of Paddy and CC with their Gram to come!

3 comments:

  1. You are so good about taking pictures. I need to do better about getting pictures of Emerson. Paddy is so handsome. Glad y'all are home and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Texas/Louisiana Paddy will be amazed at these pics of him as a newborn in the blizzard!

    So glad I got to meet him yesterday. He is ADORABLE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, jaundice is no fun. Sophie had it real bad too. We had to get her foot pricked every day for a few days to keep checking. I was glad when it was over. I'm sure you were too. All that snow! How fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...