Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cookout

We got a new-to-us grill this weekend, so, accordingly, lots of grilling ensued. Look at Russell's concentration. This is the first time we've ever used a gas grill. We're really charcoal people, but this grill was free... so now where propane people! Russell took to it great.
Claudia's favorite thing was the ice cream. And watermelon. She kept at least one chunk of watermelon hidden on her person at all times. See where she's got it now?
This is Claudia and her buddy William with Reka. Reka is Claudia and Williams' teacher and they absolutely love her. I don't think I'll ever have a party without Reka again. She was a huge help and kept the kids entertained the whole evening.
Claudia with boyfriend, Carsten, and Claudia's proclaimed "big sister", Caroline. Claudia is convinced that Caroline is in fact her sister and usually has a colossal meltdown whenever Caroline leaves.
Claudia's new favorite activity is locking me out of the house. She gets a real kick out of this. I do too, though. I usually take this time to relax in a lawn chair until she lets me back in.
Claudia's favorite part of the evening... and every evening...
was when we let the kids watch part of the Lion King.
She sings all the songs and knows that Simba is good, Scar is bad, Zazu (sp?) is funny, and Pumba is cute. We try not to watch it too much, but this show is so good I can't help myself.
The kiddy table is usually the place to be. I think I had told Carsten I was going to eat his burger... this was the face I got. Carsten is pretty tough, so I casually said "just joking, buddy" and ran away.
This was my favorite part of the evening. A giant game of monkey in the middle.
Here's Carsten, in the middle, telling a grownup that he just got him out.
Then he tackled someone twice his size. Oh my, Carsten makes me laugh.
Claudia had been playing in the wagon,
but when she saw the game she ran right through the circle...
...to her daddy. Thanks to the height advantage, this team never had to be the monkey in the middle. That's the way to play... and this is coming from someone who was perpetually the monkey in the middle.

4 comments:

  1. That's usually the look I give when someone threatens to take my hamburger! I love the look on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh his face made me laugh! What is monkey in the middle? European game? Or am I just out of the loop? Great pics, it looks like yall had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very fun and of course you know I love Claudia's flamingo dress! Rene' found Cala a flamingo bathing suit for the beach and I can't wait to see it! I got her a plaid dress smocked with flamingos, they are so stinking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like y'all had a fantastic time!! Loved looking at all the sweet pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...