Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Veterans Day and Fall Leaves

Happy Veterans Day and Happy Fall! I am thankful that Veterans Day quickly followed the big election.  I wasn't thrilled with the outcome of the election, but in all honesty, I was underwhelmed by both candidates.  But now that the election is over and done, I think that we can all unite in a common appreciation of those that devote their lives to the service of our country, ensuring our safety at the expense of their own.  God bless our veterans and God bless our country. 
Here are two of my favorite veterans, my Grandma (United States Marine Corps) and Grandad (United States Army and Office of Strategic Services).  Don't worry, that only looks like a prison jumpsuit on my Grandad.  He spent most of his retirement in his brightly covered Dickies coveralls. 
Changing horses, fall has definitely arrived here in Budapest and the best place to observe the beauty of the season is Margaret Island.  When we go back home, I know I will miss Margaret Island the most.  It's the best place to sit down, slow down and appreciate everything around you.

Paddy had a good time.  He ate everything off our plates and out of our hands.  Even this sour apple.  That was a surprise.

Bop jumped her way through countless leaf piles.

... and watched her first leaf storm.  It's pretty amazing to watch the wind blow thousands of leaves off the trees and spin them around. 


That leaf in her hand is bigger than her head. Just imagine thousands of those flying around the sky above you!  

Lots of these guys were hopping around the petting zoo.  They put a big net over their little habitat so they can't fly away.  I hope they don't get too cold this winter.

Daddy & monkey boy

a game of chase in the leaves

Daddy & monkey girl

Happy fall!

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures!

    The rap songs are:

    Chicken Head (not sure of the actual title)
    I don’t want no scrub
    It’s your birthday (by 50 cent)

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...