Thursday, February 7, 2013

Playing Nice

This has been one snowy, dreary winter here in Budapest, punctuated with periodic, short lived bursts of bright, beautiful sunlight.   These moments of sunshine really work magic on the children.  They play so nicely.  They cuddle.  They kiss.  I captured one such moment the yesterday. 
With a little encouragement, Claudia sat down next to Patrick and read Goodnight Moon to him, cover to cover.   She's pretty much got the whole book down.

She even read the last pages in a whisper.  Patrick focused on her every word.

I almost ruined the whole thing when I praised her for being so sweet, so kind.

To set things right, she then acted like a little crazy person.

And she turned into a "toilet monster" (don't ask) and pretended to eat him.   He liked it, though, so no problem there.

"Toilet monster" felt a little guilty and decided to hug it out.

Patrick then got his fill of that.  He's really perfected his little stiff arm move.

And Claudia went back in for more.  Just look at his little hand on hers.  He liked that hug and this is proof!  A few hours later, they had a pretty hilarious fight in the bathtub over a toothbrush.  No pictures of that, though, because I just want to remember this sweetness here!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Your posts, like this one, make me laugh out loud. Either your kids do the funniest stuff or you just happen to capture it perfectly with photography and words. It's definitely both! ;) Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable. This reminds me of my little brother and how as a big sister I was the "only one who knew what to do" for him. Cuddling him until he couldn't breathe and reading him stories and telling him secrets and wishing he was the same age as me... Your kids are so sweet, and your photographs are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meryl, how adorable. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious!!! Your photos almost make me crazy enough to want 2....almost.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...