Thursday, February 6, 2014

Life in Black and White


We have hit that sweet spot where they really enjoy playing together and I don't have to keep a nervous eye on them the whole time.  She still pushes him around and he still yanks on her hair, but it is still quality sibling time.
Their personalities couldn't be any different, though.  She is super busy and bouncy.  He is more reserved and thoughtful at his play.   
Braids.  They are (almost) the only thing standing between us and punctuality.
General reluctance to get out of bed.  This also contributes to our perpetual tardiness.
Something amazing is happening here too... Patrick is sitting down and listening to books!  He is a big fan of Miffy and Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Sight, but Claudia can practically read him the phone book and he is interested.
We went bowling.  There were moments of pure joy when she knocked down pins, but also lots of these moments.  I've always thought that bowling is largely a game of chance, but after watching my four year old beat me, I am absolutely certain about this now.

Cars.  They absolutely love watching Cars.
We had some snow here. Finally!  It came and went, but I have more pictures.  With four months of heavy snow last year, I think Mother Nature is giving us a break this year.  And that is fine with me!!
I bought Claudia a shadow puppet set from a booth at the Budapest Christmas Market.  I can't tell you how much fun she has playing with this.  I need to cut out some more puppets.  It's such an easy thing to do and you can even just project them up on the wall with a flashlight.  A perfect bedtime activity.

And that is that!   Hope everyone is having a great week!

8 comments:

  1. love the bowling alley pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puppet show is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet are they?!! Love these pics & your blog!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are cute! Miss you all. How is that babe almost 2 and that girlie approaching 5.? Impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable images!! Love seeing your two together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images! I adore seeing depictions of sibling relationships; seeing my kids interact was one of the things I most looked forward to when I was pregnant. And let's jsut say the real life experience has not disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just in love with the way you capture your children with your photography. You've got a gift girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...