Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Just Patrick

My goal this past week was to take pictures of Patrick.  He's such an active little rascal! I've almost given up taking his picture because he is too fast or I'm more focused on keeping him from head diving off furniture, throwing things at people, or more generally, keeping him alive.  I take a lot of pictures, though, and mostly they are of Claudia.  So, in the spirit of fairness, here's Paddy.  
He found an old paci this week.  When I tried to take it from him, he went nuts, so I did some reverse psychology and encouraged him to keep it. 
After about 15 minutes, he got bored, took it out and just put it back in his room, presumably for safekeeping.  Hopefully he has now forgotten about it altogether.  =)

We're working on learning new words.
His favorite new words are:   key!  man!  turtle! money!
I'm pretty sad that this crazy face rash won't go away.  He's had it for 6 months.   We've tried antibacterial creams like Neosporin, hydrocortisone creams, steroid creams, Aquafor and a handful of other random Hungarian creams.  Nothing really works and our pediatrician, who is great, says I just need to give it more time.  6 months seems like a long enough time to me though.

So.  If anyone has any suggestions, please share!!


Checking the mail.  This is everyone's favorite activity.
He doesn't even mind that its almost always completely junk mail.
That's Patrick for you.  =)

10 comments:

  1. PATRICK you are such a handsome little man.
    So happy Mumma had the chance to capture you still.
    :)
    LOVE the photos on the bed. Beautiful light.
    I hope you can find a solution to the rash, perhaps he'll just grow out of it?
    Maybe it is a food allergy?
    Do you have any signs of snow yet?

    Thanks for sharing PATRICK with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no snow yet! But I see you are knee deep in it!! I am definitely not ruling out allergy, especially since its around his mouth. I'm afraid it might be tomatoes, actually, and that would be bad... because that is the only food he eats! =/

      Delete
  2. Try coconut oil on his rash. We have been using it on Emerson's eczema and it has been helping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ava. I will hunt down some coconut oil and give it a try! I'm glad it's helped Emerson.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute boy! Eli had a rash like that... His was a milk allergy, which he has now outgrown. All kids still have eczema though... Aquaphor/Vaseline routinely, then cortaid for small flares, and Desonide for more tricky flares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, not milk!! That's good to know Eli outgrew it. I'm now armed with a new cream and hope that does it. Otherwise, its time to start taking away some certain foods to see if it is food related.

      Delete
  4. That last image makes me want to scoop him up and give him a big squeeze! What a sweet boy. I love how you put an ! after all his favourite words :-) It IS exciting! and its so great watching them start to get the hang of it, the joy in finding their words. Belinda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Belinda... yup, little guy is so proud of himself! It's seeing the self-pride that gets me every time. =)

      Delete
  5. patrick is so beautiful! love how you used reverse psychology with the paci. must remember that for the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pictures! do you have any food allergies in the family? Bryce got rashes from odd foods like oats (and oat-based lotions) turned out he had an oat allergy! among others like peanuts. just a thought. have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...