Saturday, July 13, 2013

28/52

First my favorites from last week.   Lullaby and Lala.  HERE   Its hard not to love sleeping baby photos, but this one of Alfie is just perfection.  It is so lovely and so real.  And next, there is Birdie who looks like she has a good secret.  And finally, a great action shot.  All three pictures are so different, but all three great!

As for us, somewhere along the line someone posted a picture, maybe at the beach or lake, noting that it was the type of summer they would be nostalgic for when it was over. This week, while watching the kids contentedly play together in the sandbox for a straight hour, I felt the same way.  
Their respective sand play sums up their personalities well.  Claudia carefully scoops it up and let it drizzle out between her fingers.  
Patrick picks it up and flings it into the air.  By the end of day, he is covered from top to toe with a mist of sand and is so happy about it.
I knew as I watched them play together that it was a perfect day.  Nothing special happened, no field trips, no visitors, no plans.  It was just a long day with me, the kids and the sandbox.  Some might say it was a boring day.  But to me it was perfect and I can't even explain why, it just was.  =)   

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."  
Inspired by Jodi.   

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I would never say boring at all, Meryl, these simple days are always the best! It's when the hustle and bustle has gone, and you are left with the quiet play, not rushing anywhere, nothing in particular to do but observe your children having such good fun together! I am with you, it's perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That third image is perfect! Those from the second image and what you say it sounds as if Jarvis and Patrick play with sand the same way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures!! I love how different their personalities are!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous black and white pics capturing a special moment in time. thanks for visiting my blog so i could find yours, it's really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series! Reminds me of my sister & me. I was always the careful cautious one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely pictures. moments like those with out kids are always inexplicably perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. An HOUR???? That is perfection!
    I love the image of the flying sand...kind of totally captures that notion of a fine sand mist, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just popped back and realised Patrick has had his hair cut! Ahhhhhh! He is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...