Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Curtains Down

Patrick and Claudia take great joy in ripping down the curtains.  They play ghosts, peek-a-boo, then abandon the curtain in a heap on the floor.  The simple act of the curtain dropping from the ceiling sends them into fits of hysterical laughter.  Maybe this is because I simultaneously shriek "No!  Nooooo!  Please!  Not again!"  

Then, when I'm sick of seeing the discarded curtain in a heap on the floor, I beg and plead with Russell to rehang it.  He then rehashes the Greek parable of Sisyphus, the Greek king condemned by the gods for general naughtiness, to perpetually roll a large boulder uphill, only to watch it roll back downhill, doomed to repeat the pointless task over, and over, and over...






So, in short, Sisyphus, if you are reading, I need help rehanging the curtains, pretty please.  =)

4 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! The curtains are one of Eddy's favorite spots, too.

    I love that your husband referred to Sisyphus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, well, that looks like good fun to me!! :) But not for poor dad having to rehang them over and over. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I love the little things that bring such joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha oooohh my god did this make me laugh. Poor ol' Syphius :( But your kids' naughty smiles just makes this totally excusable, they're total heart breakers you know :)

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...