Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Just Like Old Times

In our few weeks in the states we made it our mission to visit with as many of our friends as possible.  Although we grossly underestimated the difficulty level involved in toting around the toodler and the bebe, we managed to squeeze in some nice quality time with some of our nearest and dearest friends.  It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, we miss our friends and family.  It warmed our hearts to spend time with everyone and just catch up.    
I like to imagine that if my dear friend Avery and I were friends when we were little, we would be like Claudia and Molly... perfectly content to sit and chat, but predisposed to fits of jubilant giggling.   Sweet Avery is expecting this December!  I'm beyond thrilled and am on pins and needles waiting to see whether she will find out whether it is a girl or boy.  Oh, the suspense!

We threw a baby shower for our friends Cathy and Will in Houston.  Their baby girl was born last week... sweet Olivia!
Claudrey at the pool! Claudia and Audrey... best of friends since they were born. They pick back up where they left off when we come to town. When we move back, one of the things I most look forward to is getting these two silly girls back together.   And getting sweet Hayes and Paddy together too.


I miss my girls in Houston. 

And he doesn't really say it, but I know Russell misses his friends too!

I was SO happy to see my Amy!  Whenever we come in, Amy always goes out of her way to drive down from Siloam Springs (outside Fayetteville, Arkansas).  My best friend always makes me smile.  Ames had three girls in tow with her... THREE!  Together with Claudia, we had FOUR silly girls on our hands.  Paddy didn't know what to do with himself!  

The Kizer family came over from Lafayette.  We celebrated Aunt Francesca's birthday and CC's belated birthday... with every Rapunzel accessory known to man.  Claudia has worn her Rapunzel dress and waist length hair extension every day for the past three weeks, save a day or two where I managed to convince her that the food and dirt soiled dress needed to be washed.  She's taking a nap right now.  In the dress.   
Aunt Debbie has the magic touch.  Sweet Paddy fell asleep in her arms. Sweet little man!

Now, if you can believe it, I'm almost at the end of my Houston pics.  I've got some more fun ones from Gram and Pawpaw's house, then I'll be done!  700 pictures, remember?  700!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...catching up with friends is the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...