Thursday, March 22, 2012

Me Talk Pretty One Day

Day by day, as Patrick's little mind and body swiftly develops, my brain appears to be shrivelling up to the size of a walnut.  I attribute my brain shrinkage to lack of sleep.  Surely it's temporary.  This suspected brain shrivelling has manifested itself in a number of ways, the most obvious being my inability to string a sentence together, or at least an intelligible sentence.   While I was struggling to spit out my words over dinner, Russell pointed out "Mommy don't talk good."   Claudia chimed in "No, Mommy doesn't talk very well."  It was all very surreal.  Here are some of my latest gems.  The pictures don't have anything to do with this.  They are just sweet and funny. 
What I said:   Claudia, you good brushing those teeth.
What I meant:  Claudia, you're doing a good job brushing your teeth.

What I said:   He really not like spicy food.
What I meant:  He really doesn't like spicy food.

What I said:   This just no good.
What I meant:  This (dinner) is just not good.

What I said:  Get offa down from that counter.
What I meant:  Get down from off that counter.


I'm looking forward to the next big sleep.  I bet then I'll talk real better!

4 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. I say things wrong, realize they are wrong, think about how to say them correctly, then say it wrong again. It is definitely lack of sleep. I slept until 9 today and feel like a brand new person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha ... Meryl, you is funny when you little sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming over from Happily Hamby and I just realized we were at Tech together. You may or may not remember, but your family is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has not been much better for me!...and I have not had a newborn for 2 years now, lol...I am pretty sure there have been some brain cells lost through the whole child birthing experiences, ;)!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...