Wednesday, January 11, 2012

If You Had Blinked...

It's been a weird winter here... not too cold and hardly any snow. Coming from Texas/Louisiana, I want snow and I want it now! I got my wish on Monday (for a very brief moment). There were about three hours of big, fat flakes. I called it a snow day, got Bop suited up and we went outside to catch snowflakes on our tongues.
Bop licked snow and ice off of every surface area in the front yard, e.g., the patio furniture, rocks, trees, yard toys. Sometimes there was dirt with the snow, so I tried to steer her away from this.
Sadly, once it stopped snowing, the sun came out and melted it all away. It was like it never snowed. Good thing I took pictures, otherwise I'd probably have no recollection of our brief snow.
Maybe I should be careful what I wish for, though. The little man is due in 3 weeks and we will have a 40 minute drive to the hospital. Don't want to do that in the snow, I guess. I just want to see some pretty snow in our yard and on the mountains. There is something very peaceful about it.
And it makes my heart happy. =)

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic of her tongue sticking out! 3 weeks - cant believe it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...