Friday, December 2, 2011

Brazilian-German Baby Shower in Hungary

Last weekend, my sweet friends Maria (Brazil) and Sandra (Germany) threw a shower for me and my dear friend Tanya (Carsten's mommy). We were initially worried about having a baby here, because we're far from family, but having such kind friends has been a great comfort!
As the title suggests, the party had a Brazilian flair to it. Per Brazilian baby shower custom, Tanya and I had to guess the contents of each package. For each present we got wrong, we had to put on a piece of flair. Maria said in Brazil you can also wind up getting your belly decorated if you get enough wrong. Thankfully, for us and the guests, we were pretty good guessers. Claudia also got presents at the shower, but she went ahead claimed two gifts given to the little man: one stuffed pony and a "My First Passport" holder. She told us "He doesn't even have a passport." By the end of the game, Tanya and I closely resembled Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. Tanya got a little heart on her cheek for cheating and peeking into one of the presents before guessing.
Tanya and me, after we shed our get ups... one more month for Tanya and two for me. Getting close!

4 comments:

  1. I bet this was such a cool shower with all the different cultures! Love it! Can't wait to see Russel jr ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun is this??!! Glad you have a great group of girls to celebrate with. You look great, Meryl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so fun!!! So glad you have sweet people there to shower you with love too! And CC is right, he doesn't have a passport yet ;) That one is going to keep you on your toes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I am so glad you had friends there to throw you a shower! CC cracks me up..."he doesn't even have a passport"...hahaha...she is too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...