Monday, April 25, 2011

Our First Easter in Budapest

It's our first Easter in Budapest and I was happy to celebrate this special day, but a little sad because we are away from our families. It has been a McLendon family tradition (for the last 50 years!) to spend Easter weekend together at Lake Bruin in Louisiana. Claudia loved her first Lake Bruin trip last year. Since we are here, doing something new, we decided to try some new traditions...
We started by leaving carrots out for the Easter Bunny.
Bop got very excited about this and spent half an hour picking
out the perfect spot to leave his carrots.
She also insisted that an extra carrot be brought to her bedside bunnies.
She woke up to find that the Easter Bunny had come to Budapest!
She carefully collected every egg and stuffed them in her basket.
Here she is, ceremoniously hoisting her first piece of chocolate in the air.
A good amount of focus was devoted to candy unwrapping.
Bop's basket had a bug theme.
Here she is going through her ladybug loot.
Loaded up on candy, she danced and stomped around the yard.
The eggs!
Happy girl. =)
We also started another tradition.
Bop likes to bake, so we made some special cookies.
Look how serious she is!
We made these little lambs and watched them rise in the oven.
I explained the meaning of Easter to Bop and told her
how our lamb cookies symbolized Jesus, the Lamb of God.
We watched them rise up in the oven and talked about
how Jesus rose from the dead.
I think the cookies kept her focused and interested. =)
This isn't the greatest picture, but I wanted to record it for posterity.
I made this outfit! It took forever! I'm really proud of myself!
Shortly after I took this picture, we went to a BBQ at some friends' house
and the outfit got covered in lots of mystery stains.
But, at least she enjoyed herself!

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. Love the Easter pics!! Your little Lamb cookies are too cute, what a wonderful tradition! And also...when did you start sewing, lol! I need to learn how to...I guess I better get a sewing machine first though, ;). Can't wait to Skype tonight (for me) tomorrow (for you)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute. And, the hair! Love it! I am also quite impressed with your sewing skills. Go Meryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at her hair!!! Sooo pretty! I absolutely love the matching apron and hat! I wish we werwe there to bake with you two!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...