Thursday, September 23, 2010

Moving Day Has Arrived!

Claudia's classmates at Creme made her this sweet shirt.
They all left their mark and "signature" on the shirt.
Pretty cute and very thoughtful.
Happy baby. Tired mommy.

It's about two o'clock a.m. Russell and Claudia are snoozing and I'm typing away. I wanted to mark the last night in our house this way. After we put Claudia down, Russell and I got busy marking everything in our house as "sea freight" or "storage" and also packed our immediate necessities for the flight and all our clothes for air shipment. Now that its done, I should be passed out. Unfortunately, the four cups of coffee I downed are hindering the whole sleep thing.

Knowing that tonight is the last night in our house makes me sad, but happy that we had such a special "first home." Our house is a little carriage house cottage in the Heights and it has been a very happy home for us. Today another young couple made an offer on it. We countered, then they countered and eventually we struck a deal. I hope everything works out. It was somewhat of a relief to get this taken care of before we go. We'll let our relocation company handle it from here.
I miss our little house and it is so special to us, but I can't wait to see where we are headed next. Budapest or bust!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! i'm so excited for y'all! what a journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you guys so much! Let us know you got to Budapest safely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...