Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Should Have Asked

Mom to Claudia: so, Claudia...
Mom to Claudia: ... it seems you can drink from an open cup.
Claudia to Mom: Yes, I've been doing this for months.
Claudia to Mom: Silly, Mommy.

I walked into the snack room at Creme today to witness Claudia drinking from an open cup and using a spork - very handily for that matter. I knew my baby could fling yogurt on the walls, but didn't realize she could adeptly maneuver utensils from plate to mouth. And the cup! I have been giving her sippie cups or gingerly holding open cups to her mouth. Apparently I have been laboring under the delusion that my toddler is still a helpless baby. When I asked if these were recent developments, they said "[n]ot really, she's been doing this for about three months." What?! For all you moms that have their babies in daycare, ask your caregivers what your kids can do... you may be surprised!

3 comments:

  1. she's only a month older than o and i know o can't do that! i know b/c i've been working with her!! enjoy it! when's the big move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are moving next Saturday. I'm excited, but very nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to tell you guys we love you! You are inspiring me to blog again so we will see how long it lasts. So excited for ya'lls new venture!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...